Bibliography grouped in six categories by subject matter & discipline, from 1–language (philosophy) to 6–culture (humanities).
Interdisciplinary perspectives may be easier to visualize in this structure than in alphabetical order. Texts grouped together may be complementary or interesting precisely for their contrast. Selected texts not easily found elsewhere may be shared here.
1 Language / philosophy / sociology
- Wittgenstein, Ludwig. 1965. “Wittgenstein’s Lecture on Ethics.” Philosophical Review 74(1): 3–12. https://jstor.org/stable/2183526
2 Climate system / natural sciences / life sciences / computer science
- Garrett, T. J. 2012. “No Way out? The Double-Bind in Seeking Global Prosperity alongside Mitigated Climate Change.” Earth System Dynamics 3(1): 1–17. doi: 10.5194/esd-3-1-2012
- Hayhoe, Katharine, and Robert E Kopp. 2016. “What Surprises Lurk within the Climate System?” Environmental Research Letters 11(12): 120202. doi: 10.1088/1748-9326/11/12/120202
- Rockström, Johan et al. 2017. “A Roadmap for Rapid Decarbonization.” Science 355(6331): 1269–71. doi: 10.1126/science.aah3443
3 Law / law
4 Polity / political sciences
5 Economy / economics
- Hickel, Jason. 2018. “The Nobel Prize for Climate Catastrophe.” Foreign Policy. https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/12/06/the-nobel-prize-for-climate-catastrophe/
6 Culture / humanities
- Ghosh, Amitav. 2016. The Great Derangement: Climate Change and the Unthinkable. University of Chicago Press.