All language evolves in the climate system.
– Language 1.0 is the perfectly rational language of biological life;
– language 2.0 the perfectly irrational language of cultural (human) life;
– language 3.0 the language of future technological life (processes).
The carbon-intensity of activity can be visualized e.g. based on
– Tegmark’s (2017) broad definitions of Life 1.0, 2.0, 3.0; and
– Wittgenstein (Lebensform, grammar, language games).
The waterfall model is a metaphor used here iteratively as one possible approach to outlining a grammar of deep decarbonization.